Paper, Stone, Scissors
Adam Gershowitz, the Combat and Careers Strike Team Lead, has recently talked about class balance into an interview led by our colleagues from MMORPG.COM.
So, that is not a balance where all classes are able to face every single classes, but it is however the balance between the game Archetypes (tanks, ranged DPS, melee DPS, healers). This work is very hard to achieve and is really an important item from the gameplay : it must be well built in order to be very appealing for the players.
Remember the kiddy games you used to play when you were younger : Stone (closed hand), Scissors (hand with scissor shapes), Paper (opened hand). That should look like this kind of game from what we heard from the EA Mythic's devs. If I open the hand after the end of the countdown 3...2...1...GO, then I would win over a closed fist (the paper will shape around the stone), but would loose against scissors (it would cut the paper off), etc.
In WAR, one of the Balance's aspects will remain upon this principle. The recent WAR-JOL's Poll about the people class choices, will now allow you to go further at the next stage : do you really know your future enemies? Don't waste time, read all the details about the carreers!
- If you have decided to play a heavy armored tank class (Knight of the Blazing Sun, Ironbreaker, SwordMaster, Black Orc, Chosen, Black Guard [no info]), then clic below :
- If you have decided to play a heavy melee DPS (Witch Hunter, Hammerer, White Lion, Choppa, Marauder, Witch Elf), then clic below :
- If you have decided to play a heavy ranged DPS (Bright Wizard, Engineer, Shadow Warrior, Squig Herder, Magus [actually rebuild], Sorceress), then clic below :
- If you have decided to play a melee Healer (Warrior Priest or Disciple of Khaine), then clic below :
- If you have decided to play a ranged Healer (Archimage, Rune Priest, Zealot, Shaman), then clic below :
12 novembre 2014
2 novembre 2013
18 septembre 2013
23 mars 2013
10 mars 2013